Blessed are those whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgrimage. Psalm 84:5

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Hope of the Nations

I really like "things with meaning". Sentimental at heart I guess-but it's the family heirlooms-very special gifts-and other items that have special meaning that I enjoy the most.

If I'm going to wear a bracelet, or necklace or earrings..I often wear the ones that have a story to tell. My earrings were from my incredible backpacking trip in Greece with my best friend!
My rings-of course-from my wedding to my love!
My bracelets-all ones I've made to remind me of various scripture passages or the best of all-the blessing bracelet made for me by my dear friends in my home town.

And so..this beautiful set-now listed on:


is my favorite so far!  It's still fun-and original like her others-but this one tells a story. The magazine used was the World Vision Gift Catalog and when you look closely at the paperclip beads you can see the faces of needy children. The Jesus charms remind us of how Jesus said to let the children come to him. For us not to hinder them as such is the kingdom of God and how we should feed those who are hungry-clothe the naked-shelter the homeless. 

I think this special set is going to need a special owner! Someone who will wear it not just because it's unique and pretty-but because it speaks to their heart and reminds them and those who admire it of some of what is most important to our Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment