Blessed are those whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgrimage. Psalm 84:5

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Thankful Thursday!!!!

This week something AMAZING happened in our home....and I am SO THANKFUL!!!!
 Once upon a night...while everyone else in the house were sleeping..I was wide awake. I was helping my sick son, cleaning "stuff" we won't describe off a chair, scrubbing a floor, sanitizing a toilet and doing laundry. I then continued to lie awake...waiting for the next episode-which came- and I proceeded to do more of the same. 

Once upon that morning, my children woke at their normal hour-which to me seemed WAY earlier that day and needless to say I was not ready to be awake! So...I dragged myself down the stairs-smooshy pillow in hand, put on the babysitter (read tv) and plopped on the couch where I tried my best to catch a few more zzzzzzz's. 

Here's the AMAZING part. My 11 year old came down a bit later and saw me on the couch.She had stayed home from her school not feeling well herself.  She assumed I was asleep and I was able to over hear this:

My amazing Teagan!

"Hey guys...what do you normally do right now? You shouldn't be just watching tv. Let's get going. Let's go unload the dishwasher, get dressed and I'll help you get started with school. We'll let Mommy sleep."

The younger started to protest! They were planning on taking full advantage of my coma-like state. But the older gently continued in a whisper:

"Come on!!! Let's do this!!!!" and then...you know what?? 

THEY DID!!!


I was so proud and so thankful!!! The 11 year old has been known to 'take advantage" when she sees an opportunity so I was overly blessed to overhear this moment of tenderness and helpfulness and in return..this Thankful Thursday is in her honor!!!

Our giveaway is for a product of your choice from her very own etsy shop!!!
To enter...all you have to do is visit her site:


then come back and comment on what you want to win!!! That's it!! 

Now..of course we would be so thankful if you would share this on your facebook-blog-or wherever!!!!!! But, you don't have to-to enter. 

We will use random.org to choose the winner next Thursday!!!

Thanks for stopping by and sharing in my Thankfulness!!!

5 comments:

  1. Love this story! So sweet! Please enter me in the giveaway. I love the owl necklace!

    Rebecca R.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a precious girl!! :) I like the Funky Fun Fabulous Owl necklace. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great example for me as I am 11. :D I LOVE the Blue Moon earrings! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a blessing your daughter is! I love her Love It Recycled paper clip set.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And the winner is......

    Aimee!!!! Congratulations Aimee!!!
    You win your choice of any item from Teagan's shop!!!!!

    ReplyDelete