Blessed are those whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgrimage. Psalm 84:5

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

For Such a Time as This

"For if you remain silent at this time, relief and deliverance for the jews will arise from another place,
 but you and your father's family will perish. 
And who knows but that you have come to royal position for such a time as this." Esther 4:14
Whether it be a royal position or a lowly one, the place where God has you could be for 
"such a time as this."

If you have been given the talent to teach and doors have opened before you...then someone needs to hear what God is teaching through you and you are in that position for 
"such a time as this."
If you have been raised in an abusive home and after many years of suffering have forgiven those in your past and now God has led someone to you that needs to be ministered to then you are in that position for 
"such a time as this."

If  you and your husband have suffered the loss of a baby, or maybe more than one, and now you find yourself able to comfort those who are in mourning then you are in that position for 
"such a time as this."
Were you lost in depression? Have you suffered from panic attacks? Have you had an abortion? Did your husband leave you? Did you lose your home?

And now, God has put before you an opportunity to be His hands and His feet and show love and grace to someone who is wearing the shoes you once wore? 
Then, you my friend were in that position for 
"such a time as this."

Praise God that you are able to see how the position God had you in, or the one He has you in now, can be used for His kingdom! Praise Him for working all things together for good-for those who love Him and are called according to His purpose.

But...what if you are like me?

What if you have suffered a hurt like you never had before. What if your whole world seems turned upside down. What if you feel like you are the opposite of Midas and everything you touch is ruined instead of turned to gold? What if you are still in "that position" and you see no "such a time as this" opportunity. 
You can't see how God will use your pain, your loss, your suffering for any good to anyone. 

And you wait. 
And you hope. 

For a "such a time as this". Because it seems like it would hurt just a little bit less if you knew that at least you were brought to and through that position for "such a time as this." 

In the story of Esther she didn't see her "such a time as this"until it was pointed out to her. She even tried to say no to the opportunity because it seemed to be a very bad and personally dangerous idea! 
In the story of my life-and maybe yours too-I wonder if a "such a time a this' will ever come or if I will always just wonder "why" and "for what purpose" things happened as they have. I question: will I miss my
"such a time as this" moment because I am too focused on myself or too afraid to trust God?

Until I read this:
"Consider what God has done: Who can straighten what he has made crooked? When times are good, be happy; but when times are bad, consider: God has made the one as well as the other. Therefore, a man cannot discover anything about his future." Ecclesiastes 7:13-14
Esther was brought to her position for "such a time as this" and was able to be part of God's amazing plan to save her people. You were brought to where you are for a purpose. I was brought to my position for a reason too. God made what seemed to me to be a straight path, crooked. When times were good, I was happy. And now, that times have been bad, I need to consider that God made the one as well as the other. I cannot straighten what he has made crooked. Nor can I discover anything about my future-including if I will ever get to experience a "such a time as this". 

And so..I can not just wait for such a time. It may not happen that way for me-or for you, friend. Let's encourage one another to Praise Him in our storm, for He has made the one as well as the other.


No comments:

Post a Comment