Blessed are those whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgrimage. Psalm 84:5

Friday, April 22, 2011

I Wasn't Prepared

Below are my comments to a post I just read...you can read it here and if you have even a few minutes of time-I think it will touch you deeply.

Is God Good

I wasn't prepared to be sobbing right now.

I had no intention of starting my quiet time this evening realizing how spoiled I am
and how ungrateful I am and how I too often do
not take the time to thank God for His blessings.

I wasn't in the mood to feel guilty for the harse words I might have spoken to my children today when I too easily forget that every moment I have with them could be my last.

I came upon your post from Like a Bubbling Brook.

For you-it's what you are living-it's how God is moving in you-healing you-growing you-teaching you-loving you....each day as you mourn this loss.

To me-it's a wake up call.

It's a reminder of how powerful God is!

Not just amazing-faithful and great.

I can't keep fooling around day after day thinking I'll get to God later...I'm busy right now.

It's all about Him-because he is everything!

And I am so sorry for your loss and the pain you are suffering but I do trust that He did do it willingly and I am confident-just by reading this one lttle post that your testimony and your faith in Him is going to speak to the hearts of so many who are lost and one day when you are re-united with your son in heaven he will wrap his arms around you and be the second in line to say, "Well done-good and faithful servant!!!"

With much love,
Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment