Blessed are those whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgrimage. Psalm 84:5

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Quiet Time

Each day, our family enjoys what I like to call "Quiet Time".

I need it. I tell the children we all need it-but really-I need it.

When the baby is ready for her nap, all children go to a separate room designated as their
quiet time place. They may read, take a nap or play with very quiet toys. With all children in a safe place,
without the opportunity to fight with each other, I then lie down with the baby to put her to sleep.


Teagan, Mommy, Brogan and Liam-in 2006
Quiet time usually lasts about an hour, so once she is asleep I usually make a cup of tea and enjoy the peace and solitude while I read, crochet or...like today, do a quick post.

Today, I had the pleasure of feeling a warm breeze blow on me through the open window by our bed.
The wind is quite strong and it's sounds lulled the baby to sleep and calmed any stress from my mind.
When I opened my eyes I could see the trees in our backyard dancing to the wind's music.
They were moving in perfect unision, swaying quickly, back and forth, back and forth.
Branches outstretched like arms raised before their Maker!


"You will go out with joy and be led forth in peace; the mountains and hills will burst into song before you, and all the trees of the field will clap their hands." Isaiah 55:12

Today the trees in our yard were clapping their hands, praising God and reminding me of God's amazing power and divine nature!

"For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities-his eternal power and divine nature-have been clearly seen, being understood  from what has been made, so that men are without excuse."
Romans 1:20

Have you had any quiet time today?

No comments:

Post a Comment