Blessed are those whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgrimage. Psalm 84:5

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Wednesday's Wink

"The sun will come out, tomorrow! Bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow...the'll  be sun!!!!

When I'm stuck with a day..that's gray..and lonely...I just stick out my chin! and grin! and say!!!!!!!!!!
The sun will come out tomorrow!!"

Would you believe I don't know my parents phone number? I don't even know my husband's cell. If it weren't for the magic of caller ID, or phone books programmed into phones, I'd still be looking up their numbers each time I call. 

I have a horrible memory. I upset my Mom at times, when I don't recall anything from my childhood. I know people who can name their friends and teachers in kindergarten. I can not even tell you my professors names from college.

Last year, when my baby was in the hospital from a seizure, I wrote down the wrong birthdate on the admission paperwork. It wasn't even another of my children's birthdates-it was just plain wrong.

That's how bad my memory is.

And yet, I remember the words to that song-from the movie Annie- from when I was-maybe-eight years old.

I think that was the start of my heart's desire to help orphans-children in need-
those without a Mommy and Daddy to love them.

And, so-starts my story to you. An eight year old little girl-no idea where life would lead and doesn't even care-but God knew each step I would take...and obviously, each movie I would watch and how it would affect my life and the lives of needy children 32 years later.

I'll wink again next Wednesday-hope to catch you in my line of sight!


No comments:

Post a Comment