Blessed are those whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgrimage. Psalm 84:5

Sunday, September 4, 2011

And then there were 5.....

Dear Friends,
We have suffered a crisis in our family. One that I can not go into detail, but involved our foster son, whom we were planning to adopt in 3 weeks.
This crisis, as if not bad enough on it's own, opened doors for conversations, which revealed a level of abuse he has suffered that NO ONE was ever aware of, all of his 5 years in this system.
These situations and revelations make it no longer safe for him to be in a family with young children.
Last night, he left our home and will not return.
Today, I am in mourning. For many things.
I don't know when I'll be back..but plan on me being gone for some time as I focus on prayer and healing in our family.
If the Lord puts us on your heart, we would appreciate your prayers.
Blessings,
Shannon

4 comments:

  1. Oh, Shannon, I am so terribly sorry. I will definitely be praying for you, your family, and your foster son.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shannon, I am praying for you, your family and your foster son. Unfortunately some of these precious children are so damaged at such a young age all we can do is pray for them. I am so sad for this to have happened!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thoughts and prayers will most certainly be with you and your family. I'm so sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry. Praying for your family.

    ReplyDelete