Blessed are those whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgrimage. Psalm 84:5

Friday, June 17, 2011

Look At The Birds!

"Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?" Matthew 6:26

I hate mud. Mostly because I am a Mommy of 6 little ones who LOVE mud! But to me...it is just one big mess-just one more thing to clean off my floor-scrub out of clothes-wipe off of shoes and sometimes even wash out of the baby's hair!

Right outside my back door-smack in the way of getting down to the yard-is a giant mud puddle. I think it's been there every day since April. It just won't dry up. I request, I tell, I p-l-e-a-d, I punish...I do everything to try to keep the kids out of the mud-but it finds it's way into our home daily. And so....

I hate mud.

Just now...God reminded me of how he can use even a muddy puddle for His glory and purposes. I looked outside my back window just in time to see a beautiful bird (I LOVE birds-by the way), enjoying a drink and a bath in our little puddle.


Aaaawww...just like that-the mud puddle took on a whole new meaning. It, for at least that moment, was no longer a trial...but a pleasure! I was able to view first hand how God can use our little back yard and our little puddle to do what He promised..care for the birds. And..how much more does he care for us???

Well-in under 24 hours, God met the need for the family I mentioned in my last post!!!! He used some of you, and some others, and some others, from all over the nation...through a simple blog post-a puddle if you will. And now..HE RECEIVES THE HONOR AND THE GLORY FOR BLESSING THIS HURTING FAMILY WITH THE MONEY THEY NEEDED TO GIVE THEIR BABY SON A FUNERAL.

Perhaps you read the post? Perhaps you visited the blog? Perhaps you prayed for them? Perhaps you donated? If so...you too were part of God's plan.

NOW THAT'S A BLESSING!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment